Friday 5 August 2011

What I stitched this week.......

I finished a little keyring for my beautiful DIL and gave the sheep legs!  Can you see the mistake?  I didn't see it until I looked at the photo .......  the question is now... shall I unpick and re-do or let it go?



I'm talking about the 'HO' on the first HOME.... they are two stitches higher than the rest!  silly me!

I have gone mad and decided to try and stitch a Mary Wigham sampler, on 32ct linen which I have never used before.  The floss I'll use is a Crescent Colours, shade Chilli Pepper, may add a teal/grey too, think its called Dublin Bay.  This will be a big challenge for me, so fingers crossed and I will keep you posted on progress.  I have also started 'Home of a Needleworker', again on 32ct linen.  It's a chart that's been on my 'wish list'  for ages, I love all LHN patterns.  Wish me luck with these two, they are both big projects for me, usually I only do small items that I can finish quickly, but think it's time to go forwards and so up to the next level.

Happy stitching

2 comments:

MaryMaryQuiteContrary said...

Its a beauty! I, too rarely do big projects. My fingers can't handle it! What do you do about the rough skin? Or is it only me? LOL Good luck and keep on stitching!

Rhonda Polk said...

OH, such a pretty project...but as I looked at it, found the mistake, my son would say "leave it" gives it charecter...me--- I would pick and re-stitch.... but that is a nice project, can hardly wait to see the finish !

rrpolk97030@yahoo.com