Saturday 20 August 2011

A busy week......... but little achieved!

I seem to have had a busy week but don't feel much has been achieved.    I think I would have felt better if I had started something new, I do like to start projects and finish them ... it seems it's the bit in the middle I'm not good with ..lol

My progress on Mary is slow, Home of a Needleworker is better but still slow......


Mary Wigham sampler
Home of a Needleworker



I did finish a small wallhanging that will be going to our eldest son.  I made him a 'Union Jack' wallhanging a few months ago and promised a 'Stars and Stripes' one too.  I didn't take a photo of the 'Union Jack', but here's the 'Stars and Stripes' with a dish of my tomatoes... they are yummy!!!!



Both hangings have a sleeve on the back ready to hang, but I bet they won't be on his wall until I visit.........


I received a lovely summer biscornu from Christine in  our Summer Sensation exchange on Friendly Stitchers, I know she has received what I sent out so I can now show them both,

made for Christine
received from Christine

it was a great swap and I'm looking forward to joining the next one, a needlebook. 

The highlight of my week ..............  a trip into Cambridge courtesy of the new guided busway.  Here's a link to show the route
 http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/around/thebusway/ 

it was quick with brand new buses, very comfy, and I could use my buspass, so no cost......... the longest guided busway in UK.  I don't go to Cambridge very often, because driving in and parking is awful, the main A14 road is so busy at all times and it's often at a standstill, then the parking is expensive, when you find a space.  But with this new busway taking me into the heart of the citycentre I may go every week ... this is a lovely shop I visit  ;)    http://sewcreative.co.uk/camb.htm  great for stash building.



Happy stitching

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Heth, they are not hanging yet but visible on the tables every day.... I lovwe you