Friday 17 August 2012

TUSAL on time this month

yep..... I'm on time his month with my TUSAL posting.  Here is my little ort jar..... not much to see, but I have been busy.






So what you ask have I been doing?   I am wanting to start another rug hooking but need to add to my stash of woolly 'worms', so I have been dyeing some plaid wool fabric I bought on ebay. 
First I had to find a pot suitable for dyeing and not to be used for food ever.  I was lucky I found a bargain at Wilko's ... just £7.50 for this stock pot, with lid, brand new.  I had been looking for a second hand one but with no luck, appears they are now shabby chic and cost a bomb! 

 







 
 What a fun time I had,  first I dyed with 'koolaid' then a Dylon dye.  Never tried this before but it's magic to see the change in colours and you don't know what is going to happen.   Can't wait to try my hand at more colours.




Here is the result ......


on the left of the photo is the fabric before, and on the right the colour after dyeing.







 and here are a few woolly 'worms' I have already cut


I've also been trying to finish off some projects I have had on the go for a while....... first my small pillow with patchwork basket blocks.
and then tidying my craft room, I found these blocks I started in 2010, so about time I joined them together into a quilt.  Only got as far as laying them out, but you get the idea.

They were a SAL by Darlene on Snickerdoodles, and I really enjoyed stitching the monthly blocks but never finished the final centre one.  But watch this space ... it will get finished.

Also found some blocks I started last century..lol... yes that old....  1996 I think.  Certainly time to get that quilt finished.  May need to redo a few blocks... I have certainly got more accurate with my piecing!

Well a bit of an overload on photos this post.
Happy Stitching

2 comments:

The MemoryBook Shoppe said...

Hi Heth,
Love the fabrics and colours.
How are you doing these days? I hope you're still doll making, lol.

hugs

The MemoryBook Shoppe said...

I see you're keeping busy, Heth, my friend. Keep on crafting!! LOL