Thursday 22 March 2012

Time for TUSAL again!

March 22nd


Yes its time to show my ORT jar,  not a lot has gone in this month.  Can you see the pinky, purple fuzzy silk floss near the top.... that was from some frogging of cushion stitch..  Could I get it right?, no sir, I had three attempts before I thought 'that's enough it will have to do'.  It's part 1 of a SAL, Dawn of Spring, designed by Mouse of FS.  The fabric is 28ct evenweave which I dyed with Dye-N-Flow and floss is Dinky Dyes silk Floral Lei, with Mill Hill sead beads.  Now waiting for the next part..... thank you Mouse, take a peek at the Mouse House (link on right).

Dawn of Spring SAL

Packages flew past each other across the pond this last week, my pincushion in IHS group Easter/Spring swap arrived the same morning my partner received hers.  Mary made the cutest little acorn with a real acorn top, and hand-stitched all.   This is what was in my package...
From Mary of IHS
and here's what I stitched for Mary...
IHS Spring pincushion swap
I added a few choccy bunnies, you know the ones in gold paper, to the bag and was pleased they arrived safe and in one piece.  What would I do without bubble wrap

Weather is finally looking good, just might get into the garden tomorrow and tidy up after a hard winter.  I know I have lost a few plants, but I'm pleased to see my daffs and tulips are in flower.  Will try and take a photo if the sun shines.

Happy stitching
 

3 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhhh well done on getting part one looking lovely those colours are soo spring like :)
glad to hear the chocolate arrived safely too :)
nice orts as well :) love mouse xxxxx

Daffycat said...

Out ogling ORTs and yours are great except for the frogged ones. Don't frogs stink?

Thoeria said...

Lovely orts! And what beautiful stitching in your exchange! Your Dawn of Spring looks lovely - very spring and summery :)

I wanted you to know that I'd love to pass along a Liebster Award to you. I always enjoy visiting your lovely blog. I've posted details about the award here: http://sunshineincyberspace.blogspot.com/2012/03/thank-you.html